Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Strategy 8- Web Quest (Assessment)

   As described by Pastore, "WebQuests are meaningful web-based activities designed to challenge the learner's problem-solving and higher-order thinking skills.  WebQuests have become popular with teachers because they help them integrate the Internet into the curriculum through a 6-step model that has been field tested and proved successful through a wide range of grade levels and subjects." These assessments can be used in different ways at different times.  


Bibliography: Pastore, Raymond S. "Finding, Creating, and Using WebQuests." Http://teacherworld.com/webquest.html. N.p., n.d. Web.

    When I would use a Web Quest as an assessment would be after we have studied something cultural and its something that I believe students would be interested in exploring the subject further. Students are using 21st century skills by using technology but also looking and trying to more than what is presented to them in class. They have the ability to discover new things and even teach the teacher about their findings. An example would be of when I gave a lesson about "La Alhambra" and my trip there. I explained several interesting facts and at the end as the ticket out the door I asked students to write down three things they learned and if they would visit La Alhambra one day. My last request was for them to write down any questions or final thoughts about La Alhambra. To my surprise there were many more questions than final comments. This would be an ideal time to further explore La Alhambra. I would compile a list of questions that they asked me and make take them to the computer lab so they can find the information and then their assessment would include a presentation about the new findings. They would also have to search for something similar to La Alhambra in the United States and state the similarities and the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment